Thank you for your interest in the CGC-ISB workshop held on August 2, 2016. For updates on upcoming workshops, and other CGC-ISB news, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free workshop at ISB on August 2nd!
Come learn how to leverage the resources of the ISB-CGC and the Google Cloud to analyze publicly available TCGA data.
During this workshop you will
- Learn about the ISB Cancer Genomics Cloud pilot project, including:
- what you can do with the ISB-CGC Web App
- how to access TCGA data in Google Cloud Storage
- how to work with TCGA data in BigQuery
- how to use R and/or Python to analyze cloud-hosted datasets
- how to use Docker to package and run your tools on Google Compute Engine VMs
- how to run and manage thousands of compute tasks
- Learn some basics about using and navigating the Google Cloud, including:
- the Cloud Console
- accessing data in and uploading data to Cloud Storage
- keeping data secure and sharing it with collaborators
- the BigQuery web interface
- Learn how you can participate in the latest DREAM challenge
- Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm at the Institute for Systems Biology
- You will need to bring a laptop to participate.
- More details on how to prepare for the workshop will be provided to registered participants.